Monday 15 November 2021

The 2nd edition of 'Funnily Enough'

 



Thirty years after keeping her original diary, Sophie has brought out a second edition of 'Funnily Enough', adding a few illustrations from a sketchbook kept the year before.

A flower is a flower but it was uncanny how many of the sketches threw light on themes within the book. Sophie was always yearning to travel more widely and explore southern Africa.

She had been falling asleep with the light on, even when she was working in London.

It's all too easy to overlook the important things in life or spend enough time with your family.

The sad thing was that she never realised how seriously she was being courted by eligible young men.


Distractions came in many shapes and sizes.


Urgent tasks superseded the importance of spending time with people.


and then she went down with Asian 'flu, which hung around for a long, long time.


But her friends never gave up on her.


She never stopped sketching, 


often drawing the otters,


And the good Lord gave her peace.


If you already have an ebook copy of 'Funnily Enough', you should be able to re-download this second edition free of charge. You can see inside the first few pages on the Amazon site here.

The new edition of the paperback is available from Amazon for £7.99










11 comments:

  1. This is a brilliantly funny book with occasional serious undertones. I think the 2nd edition is, if possible, even better than the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it. Did it make you laugh?

      Delete
  2. So glad. I laugh myself when I read the story about Matthew 's graveyard and I've read it hundreds of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid my favourite is the story of eating yoghurt without a spoon, on the church picnic. It never fails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see it now. We were indoors at Wells Cathedral with everyone smartly dressed for Matthew's ordination.

      Delete
  4. It's a brilliant story. I've told it many times to friends and family and it never fails to produce both gasps and howls of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people enjoy the story about the rotorvator falling backwards on top of my father.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also treasure all the stories concerning Granny's sales lady skills!

    ReplyDelete