Tuesday 29 March 2022

Launching the 2nd Edition of 'Funnily Enough' by Sophie Neville

 


In 1991, after collapsing while directing a comedy in London, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue and sent home to my family by the BBC doctor. He told me to keep a dairy. 

Twenty-one years later, a self-published version of this true story became a bestseller on Amazon reaching No 1 in Humour on Kindle. It won a literary award, was hailed by the Daily Mail and serialized in iBelieve magazine.


A few year later, Jilly Cooper gave me an endorsement:

'This charming, funny, beautifully illustrated book would make anyone feel better.'

I have recently brought out a 2nd edition with additional illustrations. It makes light, holiday reading.


Since my condition was triggered by Asian 'flu, I'm tentatively hoping it will help those suffering from symptoms of long Covid  

or anyone in need of an uplifting story with a happy ending.


'Funnily Enough'

paperback or Kindle copies from Amazon.co.uk ~ Amazon.com 

ebook £2.23
with colour illustrations, also available from Kobo ~ Smashwords ~ iTunes Books ~ Nook/Barnes&Noble

If you have an ebook of the first edition, you should be able to reload it free of charge









6 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st edition of this book and this 2nd edition is, I think, even better! I do hope 'Ride the Wings of Morning' eventually gets the same treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually planning the third edition of 'The Making of Swallows and Amazons'. Readers have been able to contribute to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very exciting. I can't wait to see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take a quite a bit of work. I fear it might end up becoming quite a hefty tome.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'll get a kindle copy! Love the title as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this memoir. It's in the vein of 'Bridget Jones' but in a rural setting - and it's true.

      Delete