Saturday 22 October 2022

An answer to prayer

But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony
Luke 21 v 30 NKJV 


I was single for a long time - which can be quite a grief. When I reached the age of about thirty-severn, I needed to decide where I should live so asked the Lord, ‘Will I have children?’ I didn’t hear a loud voice but was amazed to receive four words as if they had been spoken: ‘You will have grandchildren.' 

In 2004, at the age of forty-three, I was at an archery tournament, fed up with being single, when I prayed a really grumpy sort of prayer along the lines of, ‘Why can’t I marry that nice man over there?’ After about five seconds, he strode over, asked my father something, then put an arm around my shoulders. Four months later we walked down the aisle. I had never married or had children, but he was a widower, so I inherited his three. I now have five grandchildren. The twin boys and their parents came to live with us for nine months over Lockdown, which was wonderful.

Sophie Neville with the grandchildren

No comments:

Post a Comment